As the popularity and acceptance of cannabis have increased, the availability of weed products has exploded. Along with buds, we now have all kinds of cannabis-infused products, including oils, tinctures, concentrates, topicals, and so much more. One of the most popular products (with an incredible variety of options) is weed or THC edibles.
THC edibles (or drinkables) are, as the name suggests, products infused with weed that you ingest by mouth. Curious to learn more? Here’s a quick rundown of what you need to know.
Why Use Weed Edibles?
There are many reasons you might choose weed edibles vs. smoking and other forms of cannabis enjoyment. The following are some of the most notable benefits.
- Healthier than inhalation: Smoking and vaping can irritate sensitive lung tissues. Edibles don’t involve inhaling anything, making them a better solution for users with breathing issues or who want to protect their lungs.
- Easier dosing: Labels provide THC amounts per product and per serving so you can more accurately determine how much to consume for your ideal dose.
- More discreet consumption: Edibles look pretty much like their noninfused counterparts. They don’t produce smoke or odors, either. You can take your dose easily without drawing unwanted attention.
- Longer-lasting effects: While the THC from edibles takes longer to enter your bloodstream (it has to go through your digestive system first), the effects tend to linger longer than if you were to smoke or vape.
The Many Varieties of THC Edibles
There was a time when “edibles” used to refer mainly to weed-infused (or pot) brownies. Today, however, you’ll find an almost overwhelming assortment of product options. Here are just a few items you might see on dispensary shelves:
- Chocolate: Chocolate bars, bites/drops, truffles
- Gummies: Sweet and sour gummy candy in all different shapes and flavors
- Candies: Hard or chewy candy
- Baked goods: Brownies, cookies, cakes, muffins, quick breads
- Drinks: Seltzer/sparkling water, soda, juice, coffee, tea
- Pills: Capsules/tablets
Weed edibles come in a wide variety of flavors. For instance, chocolate bars may be milk, dark, white, mint, toffee, and cookies and cream flavors (to name a few). Cookies can be chocolate chip, double chocolate, or oatmeal raisin.
And, as if it couldn’t get better, you can make your own edibles. With a batch of cannabutter or infused oil, there’s no end to the sweet and savory items you can create at home (including cannamilk).
Tips for Choosing Great Edible Products
Ready to dive in? Here are a few quick tips on how to choose edible gummies and other infused products:
- Know your goals. What are you looking to get out of your experience? The answer to this question can help you choose a product with the best strain or cannabinoid/terpene profile.
- Consider your preferences/needs. What are your favorite flavors? Do you prefer sweet, sour, or savory? Do you have any dietary restrictions or allergies?
- Read the label. You can learn a lot about THC edibles this way, including the dosage and any allergen warnings.
- Choose reputable brands. Research different brands that make edibles. Read reviews. Budtenders can also be valuable resources.
Find All Kinds of Weed Edibles (and More) at Campfire Cannabis
If you’re looking for quality THC edibles (or any other cannabis products), look no further than Campfire Cannabis. We offer a wide selection of infused chocolates, gummies, fruit chews, drops, drinks, and more. No matter your preferences, you’re sure to find products that please your taste buds. Check out our menu online, or visit our dispensary to discover your new favorite edibles today!