There are several types of cannabis strains available, each offering different highs and effects. Dispensaries often separate these strains into different categories, including indica, sativa, and hybrid. Many people claim that certain strains of marijuana help enhance and inspire creativity, and recent science has begun to back these claims. Creativity is the ability to discover and emulate new perspectives, connections, ideas, and solutions. Learn more about the effects of different strains and using marijuana for creativity.
How Marijuana Makes You More Creative
Creativity is heavily associated with the brain’s frontal lobe and requires both convergent and divergent thinking. Studies have shown that weed increases cerebral blood flow, enhancing creative thinking in users. Another aspect of cannabis is its ability to increase dopamine levels, which some believe is the reason behind increased feelings of creativity. Lastly, some strains improve relaxation, which can allow you think more freely.
10 Weed Strains for Sparking Creativity
When it comes to choosing the best marijuana strains for creativity, it is important to focus on the components of individual strains rather than the typical classifying attributes of indicas, sativas, and hybrids. Indicas are considered a more mellow high, sativas are generally more active and cerebral, and hybrids blend indica and sativa in varying strengths to pull desired effects from both. There are certain cannabinoids and terprenes — like THC and myrcene, caryophyllene, and limonene — that are said to help spark creativity and are present in all three categories. So what weed makes you creative? Here are some strains to consider:
- Blue Dream: Users report that this sativa-dominant hybrid strain induces an energizing and cerebral-stimulating effect.
- Purple Haze: This psychedelic-like strain offers a cerebral high with little to no sedative effects.
- Jack Herer: As another sativa-dominant hybrid, this strain provides an intense high without mental fog.
- Chemdog: An indica-dominant hybrid, Chemdog is known for its euphoric high.
- Kali Mist: This cerebral-stimulating strain will awaken your creative thinking and provide you with the energy you need to create.
- LSD: Use this strain for inspiration to think differently and create something unique.
- Jillybean: Because it has been said to lower stress levels, this strain can increase creative thinking.
- Super Silver Haze: This strain offers an energizing, euphoric high while also providing a sense of mental calmness that allows for optimal free thinking.
- Amnesia Haze: As a sativa-dominant strain, Amnesia Haze offers a motivating, energizing focus that allows you to tap into your creativity and act on it.
- Tangie: This meditative, focused, and euphoric high keeps you on track while you explore your creativity.
Find Your Perfect Strain
Shopping for the best strain can be difficult because there are several different cannabis products emerging on the market as the marijuana industry continues to flourish. If you’re eager to get in touch with your creative side, visit one of Campfire Cannabis’s two locations or shop online today. Speak with one of Campfire Cannabis’s experienced budtenders for more information on the best strains and most effective doses for you.